Detoxification is a process through which our body gets rid of unwanted or harmful toxins that are accumulated as a result of exposure to environmental pollutants or excessive consumption of junk foods such as refined or processed foods.
Actually, liver is one organ that plays a vital role in flushing out the toxins at regular intervals to ensure that our gut is healthy and the skin is glowing fresh all the time.
Benefits of Complete Body Detoxification
Just like you through out the dust from your house, your body also needs to get rid of impurities or toxins from its system in order to keep the organs function properly.
Here are some most useful advantages of detoxing your body.
- Gets Rid of Toxins: The environment we’re living in is full of harmful pollution. Even the foods we eat are produced by using pesticides and chemicals. And, as a result, our body gets accumulated with a lot of waste which need to be flushed out through detoxification.
- Boosts Immunity: Regular cleansing of internal organs like liver, kidney, lungs, colon etc… leads to better immune system and it makes your body fight several bacteria and viruses effectively.
- Helps Lose Weight: Excessive storage of toxins inside the body leads to slow down of metabolism, which in turn causes weight gain, blood pressure issues, heart disease etc… So, clearing out toxins from your body indirectly helps in natural weight loss.
- Improves Mental Clarity: When your body don’t have to fight diseases and common ailments, it results in a lot of free time, which can be used to improve mental clarity and a boost in your overall efficiency.
- Prevents Chronic Diseases: Excessive accumulation of toxins or harmful waste due to overuse of chemicals (medication) may lead to various types of cancers, heart disease and other chronic related issues. And, regular detoxification of your body helps in preventing such health problems.
So, these are a few most useful add-ons of regular detoxification.
Different Ways to Detoxify Your Body at Home
There are multiple ways to detox or cleanse our body naturally at home –
- Drink Plenty of Water
- Exercise Regularly
- Liquid Fasting
- Green Smoothies
- Acupressure Therapy
Out of these 5 popular ways, acupressure is the most effective & easier approach to detoxify your body of toxins or impurities without compromising on your diet.
So, in this article, let us find out different acupressure techniques to flush out toxins and boost blood circulation naturally.
Top Acupressure Points to Detoxification
You can find this point in the depression just below the collar bone.
Apply pressure on both sides alternatively to regulate your kidney functioning. Do it for 2 to 3 times a day for best results.
This point also helps in treating asthma, anxiety, clearing nasal congestion, breathing issues and fatigue.
You can find this point in the webbing between the thumb and index finger.
By stimulating this detox pressure point helps in flushing out toxins out of your body.
3.Three Yin Crossing
You can find this point along the back of the tibia, 3-widths above the inner ankle bone.
Apply pressure on both the legs alternatively to improve blood circulation to your entire body, which also helps in detoxification.
You can locate this point on the webbing between the 1st and 2nd toe.
Alternative stimulation of this point on both the foot helps in cleansing the liver, which is a vital organ in the body responsible for detoxification.
This points also improves vision, headache, back pain, insomnia and menstrual cramps.
5.Upper Sea of Qi
This point can be found just below the center of your chest bone.
By stimulating the Qi with your fingers, you’re allowing the energy to flow through the lungs, which boosts the immune system.
This point also helps in relieving anxiety or stress.
6.Lower Sea of Qi
You can find this point along the midline of the body, just 3-finger widths below the belly button.
Massage this point with your fingers in a circular motion to strengthen your immune system.
This point also relieves body aches, constipation issues, abdominal cramps, insomnia and menstrual cramps.
You can locate this point in the middle of the arm, on the palm side, just 3-finger widths above the wrist crease.
Stimulate this point on both the hands using your fingers to increase flow of energy (Qi) to your heart, liver and stomach.
This point also helps cure persistent coughs, anxiety, irritability, asthma and chest congestion.
Practice these easy acupressure points to detox your body naturally. Always remember that a healthy liver and gut is a sign of healthy life.